Thursday 17 December 2009

Tongue Thursday

Today I progressed with the mouth and managed to blendshape the hardest expression - the tight closed lip. Again it was a case of rearranging vertices until the desired shape was achieved. It looks good but for some reason Maya has a glitch that unsmooths/deforms the model when two blendshapes are used. I think I can figure it out but for now its working when I apply just one blendshape...



I got a bit bored of trying to get the mouth to work properly so I went on to model the tongue and apply deforemers and blends to it. Thankfully that was alot easier....





A good day all in all....

1 comment:

  1. best thing to do when making blendshapes is to create them all then select your base model and create blendshapes, this way maya is able to have all the blendshapes interact together without having any strange deformations. All your sliders in your blendshape window should then appear in one line. Hope this helps! x

    ReplyDelete