Wednesday 14 April 2010

In Recent News

We have now completed 19 shots of animation meaning a third of the film is ready to render. However stress levels have been high lately with a a range of problems occuring everyday such as discovering Daves Jed rig is unscalable, the renderfarm not being able to handle 1080 HD, render jobs failing because of unknown reasons etc etc. On top of this the pressure has mounted on my lighter Dan Grigsby, and my fellow Director Phil has felt neglected due to P.O's tremendous workload taking over.

Yesterday we had a meeting about the situation and I must say tempers were high. For the first time I actually felt the real meaning of stress, so much so that the night before I had to take tablets to calm myself down and get some sleep. To wake up to a heated discussion was the last thing I wanted but at the same time I totally understood where the guys were coming from. Phil has been plodding along with Splay on his own for too long now and its about time he got some more help. Grigsby has felt sucked into working solely on P.O rather than distributing his time evenly which is true, I guess I just never stopped him because he was knocking out such good work.

The meeting ended with an agreement that Grigs will now teach Simon everything he knows about lighting and supervise him at all times in order for the shots to reach the quality they were before. He will now work primarily on Splay shots and any free time will be spent doing shots Simon cant do. I think this is a fair compromise, plus Alec is going to try and spit out a couple more Splay shots.

I actually had a really good day after that and managed to tidy up a shot animated by our second year helper Tom. What he had done was great it just needed the oxygen tube animated and follow through added to the ears. Below is the updated version...



He did such a good job we have already given him a new shot which he hopes to have complete by the end of the week.

I then finished shot 24, one which has been up in the air for a long time now. Again the tube needed sorting, as well as the timing, and ears. Its all cool beans now though.....



I aim to start a brand new shot tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment