Tuesday 6 April 2010

Polishing up

I have had to go back and remodel the top half of the floor polisher as unfortunately I saved over the latest file which included all the buttons, handle bars and dial. It didnt take me longer than a morning to sort out, but had to be done as Simon has been waiting for a while now to texture the damn thing.


I handed the file over to him and he applied a number of deformers to the polisher enabling it to bend from side to side and squash upon impact. Although it worked initially upon reflection it was far to laggy and slow to possibly work with. this was due to the untold amounts of history left on the model, a fault of my own. The combine and seperate tools seemed to effect it especially and caused issues when attempting multiple deformations.

Hulse suggested a spline IK with control points, which to be honest wen straight over my head. A quick demo proved successful however we then agreed a few set driven keys would suffice. Hopefully I can achieve this at some point, if not I'm going to grab Dave and see if he can bash it out in an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment