Thursday 5 November 2009

Collar issues

3rd day of modelling, and all the old demons came flooding back. The last 2 days have seen me model alot of Jed with (touch wood) not too many problems, but not today. I focused on his boiler suit collar but it caused all sorts of issues. I tried so many methods of modelling it attached to the body mesh, mainly by extruision, yet nothing worked when smoothed. A collar doubles in on itself about 4 times when extruded, which causes all sorts of nasty overlapping and surfaces to appear. In the end I managed to get somewhere by extruding edges rather than faces, but even then alot of tweaking and rearranging of vertex had to be done. I left with it in the stage you can see below, but I am definately going to adapt it to a higher more Elvis like design!

No comments:

Post a Comment