Friday 13 November 2009

Pose Sheets

Finally managed to get Jeds pose sheets done today. I did my presentation for Gareths unit this morning, which went really well and then spent the afternoon sketching away whilst listening to the other ones. For each pose I referred to stills of classic dance moves, making sure I captured the exact posture. With each drawing I became quicker and more loose with my lines, improving my ability to draw the character with ease. The rougher the lines, the more he appeared in mid dance. Looking at them all next to each other you get a sense of movement and life, something a concept has yet to provoke.

I will post up a dance moodboard at some point next week which will include all of my reference images.

1 comment:

  1. ah man i have no idea whether its too late to suggest this but have you looked at the VW Golf ad for your dance inspiration?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4LzG3XZMUA&feature=related

    ReplyDelete