Wednesday 4 November 2009

More Modelling Man

Another day, and another session of modelling. I continued to work on my file from yesterday, mainly adding to what I had already achieved. I ran into some trouble when trying to extrude the two legs from the base of the body, however with some much appreciated help from Ferhan I solved the issue. He advised I model just one side of the character and then mirror it at a later stage, which I had learnt before but for some reason thought I could do it the Edgley way - I was wrong. If you focus on just one half it makes life ten times easier as you can just extrude away having the peace of mind that maya will fill in the gaps.

I also made progress on the hands, adding extra digits and shaping the thumb and palm more. Work still needs to be done on the knuckles and overall shape however.

The feet were the simplest and fastest thing to model, yet I feel they look the best! I kncoked em out in a minute, which leads me to believe maybe they need more work? A heel, shoe rim, worn detail? Or maybe I'm not taking Jareds well remembered advice from Bare Bear...

"So what if it took you five minutes? A race car driver doesn't pass the finish line and decide to do another lap! You won, stop worrying about how fast you did it!"

I then added more detail to the fro, legs and bum - however as Alec keeps reitterating - the bum needs more more roundness, a fuller chunkier arse. I agree. Enough for one day though.



No comments:

Post a Comment