Thursday 13 May 2010

Moonwalk

By far the hardest shot I've had to animate this term - the moonwalk. Sliding feet, hip rotations, change over steps, polisher wire, head movement, afro swing, and Michael Jackson swagger all had to be taken into account. Chuck in a deadline of 2 days and it becomes an almost impossible task. I did my best however lets face it, a moonwalk needs at least a week to perfect. I would love to be able to animate this properly with correct timing, better posing, and closer representation of jackson himself. I found a neat video to refer to . . .

I got the key poses from here...



and the timing between steps from here...



I then had to replicate the same movement but with jeds long flipper feet...



Im pleased with the progress made in 2 days however I just wish I could spend more time on it, as I know I'm capable of much better. Tommorows a new day and that means a new shot, ah well, at least it will tell the story...

No comments:

Post a Comment