Thursday 22 October 2009

Flashin it large

The team have urged me to make a start on the time test for our film. In short, I needed to trasfer our thumbnails into flash frame drawings and whack em on a timeline. The purpose of this is to gain an idea of timing, rythm, and comic appeal. I have never used flash before, so Al's had to spend a while giving me the low down and explaing the basic tools. After a day I achieved the first couple of scenes . . .

This is by no means the final animatic, as quality is poor, shots aren't final and sound is absent. However I really enjoyed learning the program, and was shocked at the speed and efficiency of storyboarding within it. I am now seriosuly considering porducing the final animatic as a flash animation rather than a hand drawn premiere sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment