Thursday 15 October 2009

Gooday mate

Yesterday we were lucky enough to have a lecture by the G man a.k.a Gareth Munden. We discussed budegting, distribution, animation costs, promotion etc. We also had a talk about how animated features made in britain cant compete with those made in hollywood because of tax and lack of funding from the goverment. Apparently art isn't a neccessity over here! As far as P.O is concerned, the rest of the day was spent beginning to thumbnail with Alsy babes and sorting out Grisby. Unproductive.



Today we spent the morning critically analysing films with Kieron. Everyone brought in a film they wished to show to the class, and we watched a scene or two before discussing themes, mis on scene, camera angles, colour etc. The list included Robo Cop, Momento, Being John Malkovich, Rear Window. It was facinating to learn how directors use different techniques to achieve certain effects and provoke emotion within us. Hopefully I will get to show a film of my choice next week, so I better browse the dvd collection tonight.

Anyway that left half a day to dedicate to the project. Friday is never a very productive day due to end of the week antics and tiredness kicking in, but somehow I managed to sort it out. I sketched a page of inanimate objects that could be found in the ward. I kept the design style, rounded, cartoony and bulky to match that of my previous concepts. I then knocked up a final floor polisher design by merging parts of my favourite polisher concepts from last week. I did an orthagraphic drawing (top, bottom, side) as it will aid me in the modelling process and help to define shape. I hope to colour it in PS over the weekend.



All in all, a much better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment