Monday 5 October 2009

So what inspired me?

During the summer I must have watched at least 50 animated shorts before coming up with my story, some of which inspired me, others demolralised, and a lot which gave me hope.

Personal favourites included 'Bath time', 'Presto', 'Lifted', 'This way up' and 'Oktapodi' not just because of the colourful aesthetically pleasing characters and environments, but because of the clever storytelling.




I notcied a lot of narrative similarities between my favourites:

  • Element of suprise - most of them incorporated some form of "twist" at the end.
  • Gradual build in pace - faster cutting taking place.
  • Simplicity - each of them focused on 2 or 3 characters in 1 location
I regard these 3 techniques as my own personal commadments when it comes to writing a story.
I hope to include all of them in P.O, as well as drawing inspiration from the stunning design styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment